Welcome to the NZ3442 Certificate of Makeup and Skincare (Introduction) Level 3
Gain an introduction to basic beauty services, communication, professionalism and sales strategies. Learn practical skills from skincare and maintenance through to classic and trending makeup looks.
What you will learn
- Prepare the face for long-lasting makeup application
- Carry out day, evening and special occasion makeup looks
- Client consultation, to establish needs and determine makeup or skin care service
- Identify symptoms of skin conditions to advise clients of future implications and possible treatments
- Gain product knowledge of cosmetics and skincare
- Customer service and communication skills
- Retail and promotion skills for makeup and beauty sales
- Personal presentation for the beauty industry
- Industry health, safety and hygiene principles
- Beauty consultant
- Makeup artist
- Makeup counter salesperson
Course Related Costs
- WelTec specialist basic makeup and skincare kit (includes basic kit, professional brush set and Te Auaha T-shirt) Approx $300 TBC
- Stationary equipment
- Suitable clothing complying with programme dress code (full professional black clothing)
- Students will have to organise/provide suitable models, as instructed by tutor, for all practical work.
- Study material/ textbook. Price approx. $60 TBC
- Total cost approx. $360 TBC
Apply for your course-related costs with Studylink.