Vex Robotics Club Night 13 August

by Andrea Adams -

Hi All,

I am writing to advise that as usual, we are running our VEX Robotics Wellington Club Night on Thursday this week 13 August 2015 from 4pm at WelTec in Petone.

Please place this in your school notices for interested  students teachers  and parents.

Teams can turn up from 4pm Thursday at WelTec Petone N Block room N 106. WelTec students will usually be working on their robots from around 4pm through to around 7pm.

N Block is between Kensington Ave and Cuba St Petone. There is free parking after 5pm and access from either end of the building.

It doesn't matter if you don't have a robot - feel free to come along and have a look anyway. Our VEX IQ mini robots are available for guests to use on Thursday evenings, and if there are enough keen participants we can also run VEX IQ competitions on Thursday evenings. That's because in addition to our VEX IQ robots we have a VEX IQ competition field and a set of VEX IQ game elements.

We have made good progress on working out ways to put keen students who don't have a full size VEX robot at their school, in touch with robots. If that's of interest to you, email me and I will see what I can do to connect you with a robot.

Cheers

Andrea

Secondary School Liaison
Wellington Institute of Technology
Private Bag 39803, Lower Hutt 5045
Wellington, New Zealand

DDI: +64 4 830 0873
Fax: +64 4 920 2401
Mobile: +64 21 446518
Email: Andrea.Adams@weltec.ac.nz
www.weltec.ac.nz

Wednesday Night VEX Dates

by Nathan Graeme Strawbridge -

Hi All,

Below is a list that confrims which dates the VEX evenings will be run at Weltec. A big thank you to all those schools and groups that have been turning up so far.

Cheers,

Nathan Strawbridge

Scrimmage and Build Dates for 2013:

15/5/2013

5/6/2013

Contact(s): kyle.duncalf@gmail.com , matthew.britton0@gmail.com

19/6/2013

7/8/2013

21/8/2013

4/9/2011

18/9/2011

16/10/2013

6/11/2013

20/11/2013

Where are Scrimmages held at WelTec?

by Adrian Ferguson -

WelTec VEX Robotics Scrimmage Location

The link above leads to a Google Map.  There is free parking after 5pm at the Cuba St and the Kensington Ave end of the N Block building.  VEX activities will occur on first and third Wed of each month centred around the corridor thru the middle of the N Block building.