VEX Wellington Scrimmage Sat 9 Aug at WelTec

VEX Wellington Scrimmage Sat 9 Aug at WelTec

by Adrian Ferguson -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All,  

I am writing to advise that there will be a VEX Wellington Scrimmage for the VEX Skyrise game, at WelTec on Saturday 9th August from 10am.  The competition will be held in the WelTec Student Hub which is at the foot of the 7 storey high WelTec tower block building on Kensington Ave Petone, and the doors will be open from 9am on the day.  

Everyone is welcome to come and have a look at what's going on, so feel free to pass this invitation on to family, friends, colleagues etc.  We expect teams from out of town to come down to Wellington for this competition, so there should be some exciting robots and competitions to watch.  There will probably be a sausage sizzle running, so bring some gold coins! 

We are also running our usual Thursday afternoon / evening VEX build nights again every week this semester, so feel free to come along to WelTec's N Block on Thursdays after 4pm to have a look, or to join in.  N Block runs from Kensington Ave to Cuba St in Petone, and there is free parking at each end of the building from late afternoon.

If you have any queries about VEX in Wellington generally, or about the Scrimmage on Sat 9 August, you may contact me in the first instance.  

Cheers  

Adrian
Adrian Ferguson
Senior Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering
School of Engineering Technology
Wellington Institute of Technology
(+64) 04 920 0466 x563
021 134 9275
www.weltec.ac.nz  

You are getting this email as you are a member of the VEX Robotics Wellington Group on WelTec's Moodle system for 2013-2014.  If you should not be in this group, or if you know other people who should be in the group, feel free to let me (Adrian) know via email.