VEX Wellington Club Night Thursday This Week

VEX Wellington Club Night Thursday This Week

by Adrian Ferguson -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All,

I am writing to remind you that we have our next VEX Robotics Wellington Club Night on Thursday this week 10 April 2014.  Teams can come EARLIER now if they wish - from 4.00pm at WelTec Petone in N Block - room NE039. 

Teams will be working on their robots for the new Kiwi Challenge season, and people who are new to VEX are welcome to come along for a look.  We are aiming to run an event every week this semester but watch this space for confirmation of that.

N Block is between Kensington Ave and Cuba St Petone.  There is free parking after 5pm, and access from either end of the building.  It doesn't matter if you don't have a robot - feel free to come along and have a look anyway!

We have had a number of people come to our VEX events this year who are keen to participate, but who do not have access to a VEX Robot.  If that's you, please feel free to email me.  I am happy to put you all in touch with one another, and to do what I can to investigate the possibility for you to join a team with a robot.  It seems there may be a few VEX Robotics kits around Wellington which are perhaps a little "unloved" so we're keen to get some of those "into action".

Note that we have penciled in the Wellington Regional Competition for the KiwiChallenge to be held at WelTec on 7th June.  This would follow the Palmerston North Regional Competition for the KiwiChallenge which is penciled in for 24 May.

If you have any queries about the VEX Wellington club night this week, you may contact me in the first instance.

Cheers

Adrian

Adrian Ferguson
Senior Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering
School of Engineering Technology
Wellington Institute of Technology
(+64) 04 920 0466 x563
021 134 9275
www.weltec.ac.nz

You are getting this email as you are a member of the VEX Robotics Wellington Group on WelTec's Moodle system for 2013-2014.  If you should not be in this group, or if you know other people who should be in the group, feel free to let me (Adrian) know via email.