Weaving Literacy - Visual Perception

Weaving Literacy - Visual Perception

by Amanda Kisona -
Number of replies: 0

Weaving Literacy in to my Introductory Lesson to Bridal Hair and Makeup (Makeup Artistry).

I created a powerpoint based on Bridal Influences which included a range of different bridal themes, colours, setting, clothing.

The powerpoint was purely images and no words to get my learners to talk about what they were visually seeing which would make them focus on using their literacy skils.

At times they can be unsure of what to say so I give them a chance to think and then speak when they have processed what they are visually looking at.

This encourages students to discuss the images they see and share their ideas with others. This sparks a broad range of literacy amongst the students e.g rustic, glamorous, earthy, intimate, conservative etc.

I encourage them to use these words when doing practical work (practicing bridal looks on eachother) so they are being specific and have a clear idea of what they are trying to achieve and don't go off track - this allows them to role play and have fun whilst listening to eachother communicate.